Blogroll

Sunday, August 11, 2013

FOOTBALL: KAKA IMPACTING MILLIONS IN THE WORLD WITH JESUS CHRIST



Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite popularly known as KAKA, was born to a middle-class family in Brasilia. He became deeply spiritual when he was 12.

"I learnt that it is faith that decides whether something will happen or not," he said.


Kaka's own faith was strengthened in October 2000 when he slipped on a swimming pool slide and broke a vertebrae.

"It was a time in which I learned you have to give your best every single day because the next day you might not be able.

"I had gone to visit my grandparents in Caldas Novas in Brazil and I slipped on a swimming pool slide. When I fell into the water I hit my head on the bottom of the pool and twisted my neck, which caused a fracture of a vertebra.

"All I knew was that anyone with a broken neck would be disabled for life. The doctor told me I would not be able to play for at least three months, then they would be able to tell if I was going to fully recover.

"But after two months the injury had healed and I was able to resume my football career. That was when I knew God was looking after me and that He was on my side."

"The doctors said that I was lucky to be able to walk normally," "They were talking about luck and my family was talking about God. We knew that it was His hand that had saved me."

Kaka also said: "That helped shape me, principally as a person, but as a player too.

One among the richest Footballers:

(Kaka with the Brazilian President)
Kaka broke into the Brazilian team as a 20 year old in 2002 and was included in the national squad for that year's World Cup, though his only action was in a group game against Costa Rica. He was on the substitute's bench for the final in which Brazil won the Cup for the fifth time by beating Germany.

 A lot of people, including people who are not believers will remember the scenes at the final whistle when a number of Brazilian players openly showed their faith by thanking God and by revealing vests under their shirts quoting Bible verses. Kaka was one of those players and at the final whistle ran onto the pitch and along with his team mates Lucio and Edmilson, they dropped to their knees together to give their thanks to The Lord. You may well remember that Kaka then revealed his vest, which said 'I belong to Jesus'.

Football in these days generally has a bad press, what with the money earned by the top players and the lifestyles that some of them live. And so what about Kaka?

The AC Milan star has given the green light to a staggering £243million switch to Eastlands. The richest player on the face of the earth before Cristiano Ronaldo last year.

Indeed, he will be one of the top paid (if not the top paid) players in the world today. But one thing very clear about Kaka is that the money and the lifestyle that accompanies top footballers today is not that which truly motivates him. Indeed, he is very open in letting it be known that his relationship with Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior is what matters to him most and that Biblical values are what he seeks to live by as he lives his life as a follower of Jesus Christ.
And so here is Kaka. He is rich, young and famous. He is happily married with his own children (he and his wife Caroline were childhood sweethearts and they are very open in stating that they conducted their relationship by Biblical standards). So many would ask him the question "With you being so successful, why on earth do you need Jesus in your life?'

Here is what Kaka replies (Source; 'Scorchio' magazine):
"I need Jesus every day of my life. Jesus tells me in the Bible that, without Him, I can't do anything. I really believe that without Jesus, we can't do anything. The gift and ability I have today to play football is because God gave it to me. It is a gift from God that I try to improve on every day. That is why I need Jesus in my life every day.

The difference Jesus makes in my life is that I know I will always have victory. I will always have joy and I will always have success. This is independent of the situations I face, because I know that in the end, there will be greater victory. This brings me great peace, serenity, tranquility and happiness because I am sure that Jesus is in control of my life.

 I know that He is like a Father who doesn't want anything bad for His child and He only wants the best for me and those around me, including my family."

KAKA's confession of faith to millions & works:

He became involved with the Billy Graham organization in a TV campaign which had an astonishing effect in his homeland (Brazil). It was nationally reported that:

Hundreds of people were freed from demonic possession.

Hardened criminals turned to Christ in thousands. Many more were cured of booze and drug addictions.

A former voodoo princess turned to Christ.

As the campaign launched, Kaka told millions:

"I truly cannot imagine my life without Christ. Everything I have accomplished, everything I have done in my life was because God has a plan and purpose for my life. Bible says He will do more than we ever thought or imagined, and this is truly how it has been.

"If God wasn't in my life, then my life certainly would not be like this."

The Brazilian's faith in God has been broadcast across the world via an iconic picture of him on his knees celebrating a goal and showing a T-shirt which proclaims, 'I belong to Jesus.'

Kaka looks to the heavens after winning the Champions League with Milan........

Kaka, 26, has won a World Cup and the Champions League as well as been named FIFA World Player of the Year.

"But he told 10 million fellow Brazilians that nothing can be compared with the peace of knowing and serving Christ."

He said: "I have been named best soccer player in the world. This for me was a great honor. But the greatest honor is serving Jesus Christ, because he gives me hope."

Abstaining from Immorality:


Such is the depth of the star's faith he refused to have sex before his marriage to Caroline.

He said: "I am a great example. The majority of people say after marriage, they don't like jumping into bed with their partner because there is no desire.

"However, this is not true, my wife is the person I love and it was worth waiting.

"A lot of people were surprised and shocked with me but I think it's the best decision. I am an evangelist and I believe in those values.

"I think people need to prevent themselves from making love before marriage. Everyone has their opinion but I think it was worth the wait."

Honoring your elders:


Kaka says one of the chief influences on his footballing life has been Chelsea boss Phil Scolari.
He said: "When I was just 20 he took me to the World Cup in 2002 and gave me the opportunity to be a champion which was very important."

His Vision:

Kaka believes if he is to move to Manchester City, it will be thanks to a higher power.

He said:

"If things happen it's because God has prepared me. God has great things for us. If it's God's will that I be there, there I will be."